Thursday, April 19, 2012

Songkran Water Festival in Thailand

 Songkran Water Festival in Thailand - April 13, 14, 15.

April 13th-15th marked the annual Songkran Festival in Thailand.  How did you celebrate!?

Commonly referred to as the water festival, Songkran marks the Thai New Year, and is one of the biggest celebrations of the year throughout the country.  Many people take to the streets with water guns, balloons, or just plain old buckets, in order to drench passerbys with water.  Traditionally thought to cleanse the mind, body and spirit, and wash away bad luck, you might consider yourself fortunate if you find yourself getting drenched with water during the Songkran festival!  Fortunately, this is typically the hottest time of year in Thailand, so a light soaking might come as a nice relief!

Have Fun Teaching English in Thailand!

Visit: http://www.languagecorpsasia.com


 Songkran Water Festival in Pattaya
 Songkran Water Festival in Pattaya

Songkran Water Festival in Chiang Mai
 Songkran Water Festival in Chiang Mai
Songkran Water Festival in Bangkok
 Songkran Water Festival in Bangkok

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is very informative. Eating mindfully has been very hard for people these days. It's all because of their busy schedules, work or lack of focus on themselves. As a student I must admit that I have not been eating mindfully but because of this I will start now. It could help me enjoy my food and time alone. Eating mindfully may help me be aware of healthy food and appreciating food.
    ติว ged ที่ไหนดี

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely intriguing online journal. A lot of web journals I see nowadays don't generally give anything that I'm keen on, however I'm most definitely inspired by this one. Recently felt that I would post and let you know. TEFL

    ReplyDelete