Friday, October 21, 2011

Purpose & Potential of Peer Observations

Peer observations and professional learning communities.

Purpose and potential of peer observations. 

(Adapted from “The Practice of Authentic PLCs: A Guide to Effective Teacher Teams,” Corwin Press, 2011)
In the early 1980s, as a third-year teacher, I was asked to teach math in a rigorous summer program at one of the nation’s leading private schools in Connecticut. There, I was struck by many things, not the least of which was the prevalence of visits by colleagues to my classroom. Nary a day went by in which someone wasn’t observing my teaching.

It was not because I was a beginning teacher; every faculty member could have made the same claim. It was because of the school’s culture, established long before my arrival to the beautiful New England campus.

Read more at http://www.seenmagazine.us/articles/article-detail/articleid/1677/peer-observations-and-professional-learning-communities.aspx

By Daniel R. Venables

http://www.languagecorpsasia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment