Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Teaching Causative

Teaching Causative
quote I ask students to imagine they were rich and could have all sorts of things done for them, annoying everyday chores that nobody likes doing plus some luxury pampering that money allows for.
I give a few examples of my own:
I'd have my nails done once a week.
I'd have my garden weeded and my lawn mowed.
I'd have my bedroom redecorated in beautiful oriental sumptuous colours and fabrics.
I'd have the evening meal cooked by a professional cook.
I'd have my shopping done and the house cleaned from top to bottom every two days.
This would leave me time to do the things I enjoy, like reading, chatting to friends, going for walks and playing tennis."
Delia
quote I give each student a drawing of a town, with lots of different businesses. I first elicit what each business does (i.e. in the hair salon they cut your hair, at the mechanic they fix your car... etc)...
Read more at http://www.eslbase.com/grammar/causative
http://www.languagecorpsasia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment